www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin picking day!!! And a lovely one at that...


Thegrandson loves to traipse through the "pumpkin patch" this time of year. It turned out to be a lovely day, albeit quite chilly. I am definitely not ready for cold weather - as it always trigger the arthritis which extends from head to toe.

Thedaughter had a day off work, so we figured out all the places and errands that needed to be accomplished - and made a plan. I am still in "conserve the gas" mode. I am managing to make it a month on a tank of gas, even though gas prices have come down - food prices and utilities have still gone UP!!

The place where we get our pumpkins (Ebbert"s Farms) is not really a farm, although they bring all their produce to one central location and set up a nice retail establishment. The pumpkins are basically laid out by size and one just prances through the fields till the ideal pumpkin is spotted. The grandson found a small one immediately (just his size), but his mother told him they would also get a larger one for the porch, and this did not upset the little guy at all.

We managed to finish all errands within approximately 3.5 hours and back home to rest. I have been getting dizzy and not so sure-footed (hypoglycemic), so I didn't help much in putting things away.






THEGRANDSON AND HIS TREASURE!











**************************************************
Just an aside - Minnesota Cong. Michelle Bachmann has raised almost $100K FOR HER OPPONENT - because of her idiotic mentality. There are also over 30,000 signatures so far to have her censured. Small things like this make me very happy. Call me trite I don't care.
I'll probably be back tomorrow for more shits and giggles. TTFN.

2 comments:

Chickie said...

The smell of pumpkin guts makes me heave. I like to eat the roasted seeds though so I just stick it out when making jack o lanterns this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great day! I'm liking the cool weather at the moment, but pretty soon it'll be enough!