www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

John McCain Losing His Cool



Long ago, I saw this video (the campaign hadn't even started), and McCain annoyed me then, with his superior smug attitude. The way he treated this woman with his blustery statement "no one made those statements" and WALKED AWAY - this after bringing the woman to tears, was unforgivable.

I lost a few friends in Vietnam and have many friends who survived that "non" war! It took a heavy toll on these patriots - yet, John McCain acts like he is the only one who is an authority on Vietnam. This article is long, but explains a lot of facts, facts that I am sure so many are unaware. I hope you all take the time to read it in it's entirety - Ms. Alfond (from the video) is referenced as well.

I have a hard time rationalizing the fact that there are still possibly POW's remaining in Vietnam - or died there - left by a country that abandoned them. I am positive that many of you have NEVER even considered this. But we who lived through it, consoled these men and women upon their return - always reflect back.

There was a major collusion involved in the government process regarding MIA-POW's - and John McCain was a MAJOR factor. I can't forgive him for that.

This man, who has a notorious temper, having his finger near the "red" button scares the living hell out of me. Please, please read this article. I know it has nothing to do with the economy, education, health care or other matters of immediate importance - but I consider it important background.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I did read the article; thanks for posting it. It's horrible to think that those men were abandoned for political expediency.