www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Everyone just GROW UP...

I have said it before, this election for our next administration has gone on way too long. Almost 2 years, if not longer, is definitely dragging things out. But now we get into the mud and childish claims.

The McCain/Palin ticket has been traversing the Midwest and the speeches ARE THE SAME! Palin is so repetitious we can all recite her lines verbatim. McCain does not shoot well from the hip, therefore, his remarks are always the same. He introduces the issues and goes no further. We need substance and details, not rhetoric.

This latest "lipstick" issue is a little overboard for me. The remark was taken out of context by the McCain people (see the ENTIRE video) and those who missed the speech, have no idea that he was referring to the failed policies of the Bush Administration. McCain made a speech May 2, 2008, and in referencing "Hillary's failed health care plan", he directly used the same remark. Now that was a more personal attack, since he had implicitly referred to Mrs. Clinton. But that is neither here nor there, I see no hostile insult in the statement at all. One must also know that Torie Clarke, a former McCain adviser, wrote a book called "Lipstick on a Pig: Winning the No-Spin Era by Someone Who Knows the Game."

The McCain team is flooding the airwaves, through all media, that they demand an apology - as this was directed at Palin. C'mon - get a grip! Act like mature thinking adults and get on to business. Issues and facts need to be addressed - but as we can see - this election is turning into a game of personalities. Again, as I said before, Sarah Palin better grow thicker skin - she chose to play with the big dogs, she better be able to fight with them too. No whining or hiding behind McCain's media advisers.

Wow - 2 6.0+ earthquakes today - wonder if all those atoms or protons colliding did a little damage. (Can you tell I'm not a scientist?)

I'm taking a break tomorrow - my neighbor and I are going to Amish country for a little shopping. I can't really afford it, but may see something neat and interesting. I haven't been there since I last went with my late best friend Jean. Thedaughter has 2 days off in a row, so I am taking advantage of the time.

Everyone play nice - and I will be back - maybe sooner than later - one never knows! TTFN!

1 comment:

Chickie said...

I would love to go to Amish country! They have always interested me. I think I've read every book our library has about them.