www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Saturday, September 06, 2008

This is so sad...not far from where theson is located!



I am not sure of the exact location of this tragedy, but in the pictures I took and some videos when I was there in May, there were so many of these "shanty towns" around Cairo. And to me, it looked like they were situated DOWN below these quarries. I have no idea if they will be able to move these 70 ton slabs to rescue the approximately 500 people trapped, or not. I should hope they have the ingenuity and equipment to make it work. All this will have to be undertaken in 100 degree plus weather. Also, to happen during their Ramadan holiday, makes this extremely sad. Everyone wish the best for these people.

No comments: