www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY!!!



Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! There was a time where I got out and enjoyed the "green beer," parades, parties and all...but I think I will be cooped up inside - WORKING!!



Believe it or not...for being Irish, I don't think I even own any green clothing. It has never been one of my favorite colors - and when I was "out in the workforce", I usually added a few pins or fancy hat to celebrate the day. I should probably be "ex-communicated" from the Irish heritage or something, huh???



I hope everyone has a wonderful day - and to theson...can you get green beer in Egypt??? The daughter2 and her husband sent me the "mooning" leprechaun on "myspace", and I find it to be a perfect end to this post.


ERIN GO BRAGH!!



UPDATE:Michelle Obama requested that the water fountain at the White House have green dye introduced for this special day. Since Chicago has the knack of turning a river green - this gives them a "little taste of home" spirit. I say "You Go Michelle!"

4 comments:

Nan said...

The White House fountain is totally appropriate. After all, Barack is Irish.

kenju said...

Love the fountain - Go O'Bama!!


I'm wearing a green t-shirt and my shamrock necklace I got at last year's parade.

J Ho said...

Is the green dye "government" green dye?

If it is, it probably cost $100,000.00 to dye the fountain.

Annette said...

That's neat.. I hadn't heard why it was green just that it was.. I think it is wonderful.

Happy St Paddy's Day!!