www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Saturday, November 08, 2008

I'm just totally amazed....shite happens everyday!

I guess there are still daily protests regarding the passing of Prop 8 in California. A friend posted a comment, that parents had their children on street corners with signs for the passing of this IDIOTIC bill. Imagine taking your small children, who have no idea of what this issue entails, or possibly who was running for President - waving religious banners for a cause they know nothing about. In my humble opinion - those parents should be charged with some crime.

According to some of the editorials I have read, there is a movement to ensure (or take steps) that the IRS revokes the tax-exempt status of these churches - namely the Mormon church. I said it before, I wish I was in California to voice my opinion - I remember how to protest!

************************

Reading about the 8 year old boy in Flagstaff, Arizona, who shot his father and another man, really shocked me this morning. How terribly tragic - what could have made this boy pick up a .22 rifle - aim it at this boarder, shoot him dead and then find his father and kill him as well?

They are holding this child in a juvenile detention facility - and my mind just conjures up the image of a poor child needing to be hugged. This prosecutor is moving to have the boy charged as an adult - which will never fly (I should hope).

I am looking at my 8 year old grandson, curled up in front of the TV with a bowl of popcorn and then flash back to this other child, and it shakes me to my bones. There has been no mention of the boy's mother, which means he is totally alone.

*************************
I'm working on some corporate returns, which the client has taken their good old time in getting all the information to me. The deadline is Wednesday, and I have been begging for weeks. Not my problem, any late fees will be their responsibility. I just want to get all the paperwork done. And I am going to have to make a Staple's run - because my laser ink is just about OUT!! There's another $70 I don't have - curses!
Enough garbage for today - have to get the little one off to bed. No school, of course, tomorrow, but he has been grounded and getting to bed early is part of the punishment.
Have a good Sunday all - football day for me!! Steelers play Indianapolis at 4:30 pm., and I am afraid Roethlisberger is out with a bum shoulder - c'mon Leftwich!

5 comments:

slyght said...

i don't know if i agree with you on this one. the 8-year old knew well enough how to point a gun at two grown men, he did it twice so the first time, seeing the blood and hearing the bang didn't scare him. he needs to be tried as an adult, or some other EXTREMELY severe punishment. there is something very wrong with him that he could do it TWICE!

Mnmom said...

I disagree with slyght. Read any current book about child and especially adolescent brain development and you will never again want to try anyone under 20 as an adult. He's 8! He can't possibly "think" like an adult!! Does he need some extreme supervision and therapy? No doubt. But trying him and/or punishing him as an adult will not end well.

I LOVE that image and I want it on a bumper sticker.

MommyLisa said...

I love the billboard too. AND I also disagree with Slyght...somethin must have happend that made this poor little 8 year old do that.
I am always sad and scared when I hear stories like these.

L

slyght said...

do i see a gender bias here? just kidding.

Kulkuri said...

I can't believe anyone would even think about trying an 8 yr-old as an adult. What has this country come to, of course if life begins at conception, maybe being tried as an adult does too!!