www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

FOOTBALL AND PUMPKIN CARVING!!!


Of course it is Sunday, and my big thing was looking forward to the Steelers kicking Brett Favre's butt!! Hooray - it was awesome.

We have found out that thegrandson's elementary school has an outbreak of the H1N1 - and what does he do today - spike a temp of 100.8*. He is lethargic and has a bad headache as well. He will not be attending school tomorrow and possibly for a few more days. We are playing this one by ear. I have the runniest nose - and a headache...but what's new????

Since thedaughter managed to break her arm last year - after carving pumpkins, we took no chances and carried out the process on the kitchen table this year. All went quite well. Thegrandson is not allowed to play with knives yet...so he was relegated to "cleaning" out the pumpkin as you can see from these two pics.




The expressions he was making were hilarious. The upside is - he can't wait till his pumpkin seeds have finished baking, for his consumption.

The "spider" carving, is the same as last year. We lost the template, but I blew up last years picture and made a new template. It looks great. I have combined the pics of the pumpkins with and without a flash. Thedaughter carved the Spider and the Grim Reaper....I carved the ghost on a tombstone. I think we actually did a wonderful job this year, if I do say so myself.




Hopefully, thegrandson will be well enough to Trick or Treat on Saturday evening. Right now, he is plain miserable. He is such a tiny little guy, when he gets a "bug" he can't fight it off well. Now we start the worrying - I have mastered that art over many years.

Now....for more "pretty awful" Halloween costumes:

Poor attempt at humor - or atrocity!!!


Originality counts for something!


"W" never looked better! And I mean that!


(Cough, cough!) This is just plain sick!!

Gonna run for now...hoping the Colts get their butt kicked tonight also! Medication time - ahhhhhh drugs!!!

Have a wonderful evening and I will get back here tomorrow.....sometime.........



DON'T FORGET TO STOP BY: PAST THE VELVET ROPE (FRIDAY POSTINGS)

6 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

both our teams won..yeah for us..
I keep forgetting to carve the damn pumpkin..maybe i should have you come do it..they look terrific.
I wanna go as a holy shit..a brown body cover with a halo..ha

Mnmom said...

OK, you can beat my Vikings, but don't let it happen again! At least my Iowa Hawkeyes are still undefeated.

I LOVE to carve pumpkins but this #*&$^#* move is getting in the way of Halloween - one of my favorite holidays. I'll just have to celebrate twice as well next year.

Hope your boy is feeling better soon. We have fevers and colds running through town, and a little bit of H1N1. Take care!!!

slyght said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
slyght said...

the second picture is a face of pure disgust... you are doing halloween right. NICE!

John said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Wow those are some awesome jack-o-lanterns! So creative--Bravo! I hope thegrandson's temp has gone down and he is NOT getting the flu!

Anonymous said...

素食餐廳 氣球佈置二手車健檢 醫學美容 淨膚雷射 汽車美容 法拍屋 水餃 清潔公司 塑膠袋批發 塑膠袋工廠 實驗動物 到府坐月子 坐月子 坐月子中心 坐月子餐 孕婦 月子餐 美國月子中心 團體服 OBU 投審會 會計師事務所 會計師 工商登記 彌月蛋糕 公司登記 保時捷 法拉利 福利 <包子 肉粽 宅配美食 四神湯 搬家公司 訂房網花東旅遊 桃園土地 桃園房屋仲介 巴里島到府坐月子 中古車 今日金價 坐月子中心 坐月子中心台中 坐月子中心台北 台北人力銀行 三久 櫻花牌熱水器素食月子餐 桃園房屋 桃園房屋網通馬桶 抽水肥 包通 馬桶不通 通馬桶 通水管 清水溝 沙發 室內設計公司 室內設計 室內裝潢設計 裝潢設計 澳門自由行 搬家公司 搬家公司 台北搬家公司 新竹搬家公司 桃園搬家公司 香港自由行太陽能熱水器