www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Monday, June 09, 2008

There is no surprise - he CUT his hair!

As I stated in my April 7th blog, theson was contemplating cutting his beautiful loooooong hair...and now he has done the deed! See theson's blog for the "new" look. I will have to get used to it, as I haven't seen him with hair this short in a good many years. The picture he has posted was taken with wet hair, when it dries it tends to get rather frizzy and bushy - he may need to get it "styled" now. The benefit of his beautiful hair was the donation to Locks of Love! As soon as it was cut, they followed the necessary procedure to mail it to this organization, so some young man or woman will enjoy those beautiful curls. What a wonderful organization.

I was at thegrandsons final baseball game this evening, and was sitting next to a young man, with beautiful long hair (straight and about 4 inches below his shoulders), and I told him of my son's recent "shearing" and he too, is growing his hair for the same purpose - he hasn't cut it in 4 years. Very commendable. The good story also is thegrandson ended his baseball season at .500. 6 wins - 6 losses. With thedaughter working all afternoon shifts, she has only been able to see 2 or 3 games, and she enjoys them as much as me. I either helped coach or coached Little League and then on to girl's softball for many years, and I truly enjoy watching all the kids (either team) make good plays and grow in the process.

Our heat wave is still on - up to 97 degrees today, but possibly some relief tomorrow with thunderstorms predicted and temps in low to mid 80's. I would love to not have my AC running this much - this early. Oh well - shit happens!

Gonna run for now, stay well and TTFN.

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Congrats to theson for a job well done!