www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thanks to all for your concern and prayers!

Thegrandson is home now, on very strong antibiotics (so powerful no pharmacy had it in inventory), and hopefully on the recuperative road. I had to take him back to the doctor Thursday and the first thing the doctor said to me was "Do you realize how sick the little guy is?" Ask me another dumb question - because I was beginning to wonder if anyone in the medical profession truly knew how sick he was. I waffle between is/was, because he is still losing skin and his hands are like raw meat actually. He is still "molting" on feet, legs, arms, hands and fingers. we are going to have to bandage his hands in such a way as to be able to hold a pencil in school and protect the exposed skin from secondary infections. I think the meds are zonking him to a degree as he is taking naps (3 hrs) daily. He just shuts off the TV, rolls over and he is out like a light. This little guy hasn't taken a nap in over 3 years.

I received so many emails hoping for his quick recovery and for that I am so grateful. His Uncle has called a couple of times (from Egypt) and this perks him up immensely. We are trying to catch up on missed homework, but for the most part it is just "busy" work. We cover the basics, spelling and math, and we are good to go. He is very bright and will catch up quickly I believe.

To top everything off, I have either the flu or a very bad cold and all I want to do is crawl in bed and sleep - but I will put that off till I get caught up on all the work I have missed. There truly is no rest for the wicked.

More later guys....TTFN

No comments: