www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

BLUE MAN GROUP - FANTASTIC, AWESOME!!!


Theson got me 4 tickets to the Blue Man Group Megastar 2.1, which is on tour, and performed in Wheeling, WV on Tuesday (2/12). I asked 2 of my friends and thedaughter2 - and we were all totally thrilled. This was one birthday present I will remember for quite some time. The link above has some pics I took, but thedaughter2 has some really great pics and I will download them to that site soon, I hope.


We made arrangements to eat dinner at River City Ale Works before the show, figuring we would get a good parking space and leisurely stroll to the Civic Center. Well hell, it happened to snow almost 4 inches earlier in the day, mixed with ICE. I was picking up my neighbor and my other friend, lives in Bethlehem (across the river and on a HILL) and was afraid to drive, so I had to pick her up also. I am sooooo not a winter driver anymore...the heart races and fear sets in. But I went slowly and mastered the roads. Thedaughter2 had to take her son to the doctor earlier in the day, so was running a little late (no problem) and met us at the restaurant. Amazing how many people had the same great idea as me - to eat at this particular place, within walking distance to the event.

We waited about a half an hour for a table, and we should have known everything was going downhill, when the little moronic hostess, led us - almost - to a table for 4, and said "wait here, I'll be back." Now, we are hovering over a group of diners, looking so stupid, when I just told the other diners, they would have to share with us - that lightened the moment. Dumb hostess reaapears, and - now we can sit at the table we were told to stand beside - DUH!?!?!

Three of us carried are Cokes with us from the bar area, and as soon as we were seated, moronic waitress appears and asks "are you ready to order?" Let's see, I didn't take a poll, but I'm pretty sure none of us at the table were speed readers, and I politely said, "give us a minute please." Thedaughter2 did ask for a Coke though, so at least moronic waitress had a task at hand. After another 10 minutes, we finally ordered. We now engaged in small talk and passed the time amiably, a half hour passes, and we occassionally catch a glimpse of moronic waitress, at a distance. Short of tripping her, we finally were able to ask if our meals would be coming soon, to which she replied, "they are probably up!"
All righty then....amazingly here comes young man, who looks like he was just pulled off the street as he passed by, with our meals.

Thedaughter2 was unable to eat her Southwest chicken - super dry and hard also minus the specified toppings - I asked for baked potato minus rice - that didn't happen. Visits from moronic waitress were non-existant...thedaughter2 and I have such short fuses when it comes to BAD service...we were already griping about locating a manager. FINALLY moronic waitress returns and we explain problems, she leaves and returns, stating that thedaughter 2 would only have to pay for her Coke, and the same for me --- but oh wait a minute...she didn't bring me a Coke, I had brought my Coke from the bar for which I had already paid. Oh shit - just shoot me now - I'm going to go Irish on the management. We are now waiting for moronic waitress to return, toe tapping, fingers drumming on table...lalalalala...not happening.

I lead the march to the front of the restaurant to ask for a manager, finally having this "teenage" looking young man coming to me. We explained the problem, and he said "it was her first day and we just sort of threw her out there.." such a lame excuse, since I had heard that 3 others were also having their "first day". Needless to say, they are shaking in their boots, since we told them how lousy everything was and we would never come back (they are re-working their business plan as we speak, I'm sure.)

All in all, we made it to the show just on time and started getting into the music and the humor. The 2 hours seemed to fly so quickly, I was amazed - and ready for more. They get you involved by using your cell phones and thru text messages. Thedaughter2 and I were furiously answering the texts, while friends looked on in amazement - friends aren't technically challenged, just technically challenged. Thedaughter2's husband applied to Blue Man Group some time ago, for a job as drummer and after seeing the group and knowing son-in-law - he would be perfect. Does that mean I could possibly be a "roadie?" Cool.

Enough blathering on, I was delighted, excited and totally enthralled. If anyone has a chance - don't miss seeing this group perform.

Back to tax work now..oh and...HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY all.

Stay healthy and well...TTFN.

**just a note, I worked food service and do not arbitrarily go off on bad service...just exceptionally bad service.

1 comment:

Chickie said...

Bad service makes me see red too. Sweety won some money during the Super Bowl (yay!) and we decided to celebrate by all going somewhere nice to eat. I guess since we had kids with us, we got the worst.service.ever. Sweety doesn't ever complain at restaurants but he did this time and the meal was comped. I still don't know if we'll ever go back.

Okay. I'm done hijacking your comments now.