www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Sunday, March 25, 2007

IT'S OFFICIAL...70 days from now...

We will be sailing into the beautiful Caribbean. Booked the cruise today for June 3rd -10th. As usual we will go to Ft. Lauderdale the day ahead and relax at a hotel before embarking for the deep blue sea.

As of late, there have been several articles and news reports about people "falling" overboard. I actually find this ludicrous, as all the bannisters or railings are positioned high enough, one cannot just FALL OVERBOARD. Todays report lists a 20 yr old girl and 21 yr old guy falling off the Grand Princess (the first ship I cruised with the Princess line). Last week, another young man fell overboard from the Carnival Glory. I can sum this up quite succinctly - SPRING BREAK!!! Alcohol and the "I am invulnerable" attitude these kids have make for a volatile combination.

Twenty some years ago, it seems like I managed to schedule my Cancun vacation during Spring Break and saw some pretty unique acts by these young kids. It is like their first adventure away from home and parents and they are masters of their universe. (And that was a time before Cancun became a hot spot for spring breakers.)

Be that as it may, I don't drink and realize I am NOT invulnerable, and feel quite safe on a cruise ship. So I plan on having another relaxing vacation, soaking up the sunshine.

Theson has been in Bristol since last Tuesday for Race Week, and have not heard from him much - therefore assume he is having a wonderful time. He should be home tomorrow. And Tuesday he is leaving for Ireland to visit thegirlfriend Jules. Must be nice.

Gonna go for now - everyone stay healthy and TTFN. Hope Rich Championable fared well in Atlanta.

1 comment:

Rich | Championable said...

I just noticed this. Thanks so much for the wishes. Atlanta ROCKED. When are you getting the tattoo?

(Slyght mentioned it to me.)