www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Monday, November 06, 2006

NOVEMBER 7TH VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! YOUR RIGHT - YOUR DUTY

Theson has already blogged about voting - he just happened to beat me to the punch (I truly was shocked!)

Since I am the most outspoken political advocate in the house, I can see it has rubbed off. This election, albeit a midterm one, is going to have long lasting effects. For the past Bush years, we have become mired in a financial boondoggle that our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren will have to bear. The Republicans and their love to spend, spend, spend has created such a large deficit that their is NO LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL. The senior citizens have been screwed with the crazy Medicare overhaul, and now we have to face the realities of the mess in Iraq. The Republicans keep saying that the Democrats have "no plan" to deal with Iraq, -well DUH!!! It is quite apparent that the Republicans had none either. Redeployment and out! That is my suggestion - for warring sects that have known no other life than death and war for hundreds of years, to even presume the Americans can set them on a path of Democracy is ludicrous. enough of that for now though.

I feel that everyone should cast their vote - I have never missed a single election since I was 18. I choose not to listen or give credence to those who fail to cast a vote. That is called apathy - and I have wee tolerance for that. To sit back and just accept what is happening around you and to you - is wrong. Your vote can make a difference.

I only hope that with the electronic voting the hackers have not already set the outcome of this election. How is that for a skeptic?

BOTTOM LINE - POLLS ARE OPEN 6:30AM - 7:30PM - HAUL YOUR BUTTS OUT THERE AND CAST YOUR VOTES!!!

No comments: