www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

WTF?? IT'S A MONEY MAKER....


California's finances are in the toilet - and probably already flushed - and state workers cannot even be paid. Now, there has been a massive raid and $1 billion of marijuana has been confiscated. Just a little advice to Gov. Arnold - package it, sell it on the streets, charge sales tax - PAYROLL MET!!

I'm just saying - sooner or later marijuana legalities will be on the ballot, but California is in such dire straits - I'm sure there is a market for this product. Silly me, even if the largest Mexican drug cartels are involved - rather than have a trial, send those back to Mexico and I'm sure their bosses will figure out how to deal with them - saves court time.

I'm sure there are plenty of arguments on this front...so let it be known this is tongue-in-cheek. (**Sort of.)

The NAKED COWBOY from NYC, is a write-in candidate for the Mayor of New York position. His resume' isn't too shabby. He has a degree in political sciences and is the son of a councilman (not sure of locale). I give him credit for even thinking he has a chance against Michael Bloomberg's BILLIONS. I guess "dress code" is one of the platforms he is promoting - go figure! I would imagine he wants more "casual" attire for everything.






The glorious fence as erected this very day!!!!!!!!!!!!



Looking to the back of the fence, going UNDER my huge pine tree.

I received a call from another neighbor this afternoon, asking me "do you own a tape measure?" I'm like, "well, yes." He wanted me to go measure the height of the fence. I told him I thought it was a 6 foot fence, but when the guys were nailing it together - it towered over both of them. Well, guess what?? it is EIGHT feet tall. The zoning ordinance is NO higher than 6 foot.

These people have screwed up from the beginning, by NOT getting a building permit, which is the way to start a project like this. When getting the permit, a plan has to be submitted to the Zoning Board (which I was President of for six years), they would see that all criteria is met, i.e., dimensions. the next stop is to post a Legal Notice in the paper with a deadline for all those in the neighborhood to express agreement or disagreement. Then a Zoning Board hearing would be held to arrive at a final decision. Usually, if there are none disagreeing, the permit is issued immediately.

I do not want these people to lose the huge sum of money they have tied up in this fence....but I don't want the fence more. Hopefully, there will be an amicable solution to this situation soon.

Time to post this, I have been hacking at it for a good deal of the day. My how my mind wanders. Catch ya..............Later............

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

That naked cowboy has some beautiful thighs, just sayin.

At least they put the pretty side out on that fence, but 8 feet?? Most idiots know 6' is the limit. Can you say circular saw? Here they'd be receiving a hefty fine for building without a permit. Our city inspectors are Nazis but at least everyone is protected.

MommyLisa said...

I think that neighbors like that need to lose their money so they learn how to live with others nicely.