www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

SUNDAY MEME - I PROCRASTINATED, AGAIN!





Sunday Stealing: The Random Question Meme

1. How old do you look? I truly don't think I look like I will be 60 in 2 years...maybe mid 40's (smack me now!)

2. Where do you live? Eastern Ohio, right on the border with WV and not far from PA.

3. Are you waiting for something? Let me think here.....nope, nothing I can think of at the moment!

4. What’s one pet peeve of yours that is not common? I positively can't stand for anything out of order or lopsided. I have to adjust pictures, and move things quite often. I'd say the OCD can be annoying at times.

5. Do you want/have kids? Been there - done that! I have three, 2 daughters (38 and 29) and one son (31).

6. Have you ever thought about converting your religion? I have and it's final. I was baptised Presbyterian, confirmed Episcopalian and switched to the Lutheran church when I married. Now I belong to St. Mattress and my beliefs are of an atheist nature. Through education and research - I can't lay stock in all the Gods created by so many varied sects. If it works for them - fine...just not my cup of tea.

7. Last shocking news you heard? Considering I am a news junkie - anymore, all is shocking. Probably three weeks ago, when there were numerous "famous" deaths at one time.

8. What was the last thing you drank? Coffee and more coffee....I should be wired for the next ten hours at least......

9. Who do you most look like in your family? Having seen pictures of my biological mother, I look more like her, but my twin was almost a clone of her.

10. If you could have something right now, anything, what would it be? Private, alone time on a Caribbean beach or cruise.

11. Where does most of your family live? The biological family lives in Parkersburg, WV area. Other than that...here I am. My children, grandschildren and I are all in close proximity.

12. Where did you grow up? Parkersburg, West Virginia

13. Where do you want to go on vacation? Need I repeat this - anywhere in the Caribbean.

14. Have you ever had a panic attack? Never, until this last January, when I was hospitalized with pneumonia. For some reason I had a "panic attack" and could not breathe - scary experience.

15. What can’t you wait for? My son to come home for a visit. I haven't seen him (physically) since Christmas. We have Skype, and I have viewed him through a webcam - but I can't hug that!

16. When’s the last time you told someone you loved him or her and meant it? This morning to thegrandson. That is a constant with me....even when he is mad at me.

17. Have your parents ever smoked pot? Now that I have stopped laughing....they were OLD and "Reefer Madness" was authentic to them. Ooooh...they would hate me now!

18. Want someone back in your life? Yes and no. I loved my husband, treated him better than he deserved - but he was a mean alcoholic. If I could have just the loving moments, fine - if not...no way in Hell.

19. What do you order at the bar? Appletini or Cafe Zinfandel wine.

20. When was the last time you cried really, really hard? Really hard???? When my twin sister died.

21. Ever licked someone’s cheek? Of course. Thegrandson runs like a rabbit if I'm in the mood!

22. What is your favorite thing to eat with peanut butter? Strawberry jam and potato chips!

23. Where were you on July 4th, 2009? In my house and then to the neighbors for our fireworks.

24. What are your nicknames? Granny, Nina, Mom and dorkus!

25. If you could go back in time, how far back would you go? What a conundrum.....since I'm spoiled by technology and the amenities of modern plumbing, I can't imagine "going back" too far. The late 60's and early 70's were so active for me and fun...it would have to be during that period.



And there we have another insightful, space filler for this Sunday. Have a great one all! Later.........



4 comments:

Mystique Earth said...

I agree with you, " I can't lay stock in all the Gods created by so many varied ....

The very essence of religion must have been somewhat misplaced when you see in the dailies that people kill in the name of religion. That's wrong, but then who is to correct that?

God knows.... :)

Professor Chaos said...

There is no way you could be a day over 40. Now stop blogging and save quicksand kitty! Hurry!

Utah Savage said...

Great and interesting post. Now I know you better. I too am of the atheist persuasion. And please please save the quicksand kitty. Hurry.

Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

TheMom: May I...

1. How old do you look? If you cannot get past the big, white beard, I look old as Methusala; if you get close enough to catch they eyes, mebbe 40. I am 63 in people years.

2. Where do you live? Albuquerque, NM, at the northern end of the high, Chihuahuan Desert

3. Are you waiting for something? Is "godot" taken?

4. What’s one pet peeve of yours that is not common?
Squeaky hinges/doors that swing open or closed without help.

5. Do you want/have kids?
NO! but thanks for asking...

6. Have you ever thought about converting your religion? I
I was reared in the RC Church. I abandoned formal religion when I discovered they held sex to be sinful. I am now agnostic.

7. Last shocking news you heard?
I am 63 years old. Nothing shocks me any more...

8. What was the last thing you drank?
It's 8 am. Coffee!

9. Who do you most look like in your family?
I don't know that I physically resemble any of my forebears; my brother and I do resemble one another, somewhat...

10. If you could have something right now, anything, what would it be? Lila; or great wealth

11. Where does most of your family live?
My folks are dead, buried in Santa Fe. Sibs in NM, CO, and CA.

12. Where did you grow up?
Santa Fe, NM

13. Where do you want to go on vacation?
Six weeks at a beach with a decent surf-break: a month to get back into shape, and two weeks of surfin.

14. Have you ever had a panic attack?
Nope, unless you count when cops come to the door...

15. What can’t you wait for?
See #3, above

16. When’s the last time you told someone you loved him or her and meant it?
Caritas? within a couple of weeks, probably. Eros? Over a year.

17. Have your parents ever smoked pot?
I doubt it. It was considered tres declasse in their youth (the '30s). They drank, smoked tobacco... I never asked 'em about weed, and they never asked or offered.

18. Want someone back in your life? My 'Lila,' but it is impossible.

19. What do you order at the bar? Scotch or draft beer.

20. When was the last time you cried really, really hard? Really hard???? When I learned Lila was dying, last summer. Before that, when a dog/companion was put to sleep.

21. Ever licked someone’s cheek? If kissing the tears off someone's cheek counts, yes.

22. What is your favorite thing to eat with peanut butter?
Hot English Muffins, with butter and strawberry jam...

23. Where were you on July 4th, 2009?
Home, consoling the dogs.

24. What are your nicknames?
"Woody," "Konopelli"

25. If you could go back in time, how far back would you go?
Remembering the Bradbury story, I wouldn't set a TOE into the past.