www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

THIS WOULD WAKE ONE UP IN THE MORNING!!




Special permission was granted for a "low level demonstration flight" for this Navy F/A-18F Super Hornet, last weekend, as part of the opening ceremony for speed boat races on the Detroit river.

Personally, I think it would be awesome, as apparently this lone person on one balcony does. Face it...it is not a site one sees every day!

Later.............

3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

My friend was a fighter pilot in the RAF and now a pilot for British Airways, and whenever we go on holiday to the States he is in his element when planes like this go over very low. I don't think it happens here in the UK.

The noise is unbelievable.

Mnmom said...

I would love to experience that!

Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

Not a sight which, if one witnessed it in its 'earnest' state one might likely survive to report, at any rate.

I was in the air force and when I could (off-duty), I liked to hang around the zoomies on the flight-line...