www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

TEN SHORT YEARS AGO TODAY....



I remember vividly hearing the news of John Kennedy being killed in a plane crash off of Martha's Vineyard - while attending Jamboree In The Hills. There was a pall across the mass of people when this was announced.

Such a gorgeous looking young man, his wife Carolyn Bessette and her sister Lauren were all killed in this tragic flight. I remember his marriage was fairly new, and I was not a big fan of hers at that time, as I had the impression she had a broomstick up her butt. Snobby and stand-offish, but nevertheless, she and the others were all way too young to be taken from this life.

John being part of the Camelot that his family represented, literally grew up before our eyes. From the time he saluted his father's funeral bier, through law school and his magazine "George" founding - he was in the news on a regular basis.

My - ten years goes by in a flash. What a loss.

1 comment:

Utah Savage said...

I liked her. I thought she was just very shy. I also thought John John was a spoiled and arrogant boy. I was furious at him for making that flight that particular night. Bad weather and an evening or night flight in bad light with a storm coming in. He was a new pilot. It was his crash, and he took a possibly brilliant career in public service down as well as the futures of his wife's family. For a moment I thought he deliberately threw it away. Possible murder suicide. I know, I now think that was harsh. It was a matter of how deeply I felt his loss.