www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TODAY WAS DEFINITELY NOT THE DAY....

...to receive this email. Unfortunately, those who pass things on via the internet, NEVER research anything. Snopes verifies that this letter was circulating, but did not confirm that the NY Times received nor denied printing.

Anyone with half a brain, can decipher the bias from which this was written. No doubt Mr. Pritchett is a card carrying member of the "birthers" as well. Just reading through this (which was started in May 2009), makes me smile for the stupid!


I am adding my own comments in red!



AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA


Dear President Obama:


You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others , you truly scare me.


You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.
And that would be your own stupid fault, because all necessary info is available in a wide variety of resources.


You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support. Well, that info is readily available as to the grants and scholarships he received. How did you pay for your education Mr. Pritchett and who gives a shit!


You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American. Obama spent no more time than a child of an ambassador or military personnel abroad, as a youth. Obama has experienced many cultures and various lifestyles (abroad) than many ever have an opportunity. Yes, Mr. Pritchett - he is culturally AN AMERICAN!


You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll. WTF does that have to do with a damn thing? Are you just a mental midget? And by the way, as a community organizer, he did have to meet payroll as there were federal guidelines imposed on spending. I'll bet he even had to devise the budget for these organizations.


You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core. How far back in the 13 presidents you have "lived under", did you have to go - to find one who served in the military? That would have been George H. W. Bush. This is NO prerequisite for high office.


You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others. I would hazard a guess that Barack and Michelle Obama have MORE class than you sir. You have sunk to level of being racist now. To say someone lacks humility - when Obama has stated many times, that he may have approached something wrong - or taken the blame...you sir, have issues.


You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail. Aha, getting your talking points from John McCain and Sarah Palin I see. Now, list these radical extremists and the acts they have made against America. You can't - never happened. You are a liar intent on finding followers of your lies.


You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America ' crowd and deliver this message abroad. And who is going to make all the past wrongs - right? Wonder of wonders, our president is trying a new approach abroad....honesty, my friend. Cite some quotes which back up this false claim please!


You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector. This is an arguable point. There are many good things to be said of how other countries operate and many are bad. Considering the amount of people suffering in this country and denied rights and privileges, because the rich find them useless - yes, some European operations work well. that would be the likes of CEO's on mega-corporations and Wall Street. HMO's and on and on.


You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one. Would you lose something on this? And if you read any pertinent material, you know this is a blatant lie. But changes necessary have to start with the government. Someday, you may be one without health insurance and end up bankrupt because of a life-saving treatment. Our president cannot state enough for someone like you - that this is not a government run health plan. DUH?!?


You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves. And you don't believe in global warming either, I'll bet! This does not surprise me. Saving our eco system has to be in the forefront of thought - this matter will not just "go away."


You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world. WOW - that looks good in print. You had to be the biggest fan of Reagan and his "trickle down" theory that DIDN'T WORK!! That highest standard of living was only for the greedy Capitalists, who nearly bankrupted this country - and started a global meltdown.


You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations. Call it what you will...had this administration done absolutely nothing - this country would have been in total ruin. The banks and large insurance companies dominated through lies and on the backs of our citizens. I guess you just hate it when your 401(k) was hit like everyone else - so blame the black man! That Bush fella that occupied the WH for eight years, just sat back and ignored the catastrophe as the walls were caving in. He just assumed he would let the new guy handle the problem. It may have been rough - but he definitely quelled the crisis.


You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals. Back this one up buddy. There was plenty of dissent from all parties. My question - are you an economist? There have been plenty of those professionals scratching their heads during this rough time also. Better to take a step forward than just sit and wait for the roof to fall.


You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people. I would pit your intelligence to that of Pres. Obama any day. He has more intelligent people to contact and listen to than any past president. He is highly respected and has the wherewithal to call on those more specialized than to "shoot from the hip" like Bush.


You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient. Facts buddy...state facts. You know this how? What signs have you seen that no one else has seen. I mean facts, not just made up bullshit!


You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do. Apparently, your mother ship is calling (Faux News) - what easy pass have they given Pres. Obama? As I said before - don't blatantly make a statement without backing up your sources.


You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view. Get your head out of your ass sir. If anything, Pres. Obama has made jokes about the network, not the minions. And watch closely - they offer no conservative points of view, just vile racist remarks. You trust the college drop outs like Limbaugh and Hannity? Go ahead, that's your right. Beck, the mentally unstable has NO qualifications to offer a differing view. O'Reilley, just likes to scream louder than everyone and blame rape victims for their plight.


You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.
Facts....again cite facts. There are none, but this looked good on the list, didn't it??


Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years. What's stopping you Pritchett...people are carrying guns to his informative town hall meetings. I know that makes ya happy! Your liberties are not at stake like they were, when Bush said your life is no longer private...but that's OK, he was a white man and must know what he is talking about.

Mr. Pritchett, your letter is one of the biggest jokes I have had today. Also, the thought that someone would even send this to me, knowing I am an avid Obama supporter, I'm not a bigot, nor am I shallow enough to write a vague and inciteful letter such as this - nor would I even consider passing it on to others.




Lou Pritchett


TRUE - CHECK: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/youscareme.asp



This letter was sent to the NY Times but they never acknowledged it. Big surprise! Since it hit the internet, however, it has had over 500,000 hits. Keep it going. All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. It's happening right now.
DOES THIS STATEMENT NOT ELICIT AN INCENDIARY MOOD? WHOEVER STARTED THIS HAD ONE GOAL - WE KNOW WHAT THAT IS. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WILL AND ARE DIVIDING THIS COUNTRY. **NOT MANY ARE AFRICAN-AMERICANS EITHER!




As I stated earlier, today was not the day to send something like this to me. I totally enjoy an intelligent conversation, but one look at something like this, makes it easy to understand the intended goal.

Thankfully, these people are in the minority and since this has been relegated to the internet...probably harmless, for the time being.

Now, since I am still pissed, I many things to accomplish, so.........later.....


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear, you presuppose Mr. Pretchett has an education in the first place.

Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

Shorter Lou Pritchett: "You scare me cuz you're a fucking nigger..."

Lots of white folks live in a world filled with projections. They know--if they cannot bring themselves to admit--they have been complicit in the oppression and subjugation of "despised" minorities their whole lives.

And they've projected themselves, unconsciously, onto the folks they've harmed, thinking that, if they had been treated as badly as the despised minorities have been treated, and they achieved the power to extract revenge, heads would roll.

Which is precisely what they, now, fear...

Unknown said...

Sadly, I think Woody is right..they are scared to death that an intelligent, educated black male is running our country.

jadedj said...

Woody needs to face up to the fact that we in the Obama Uber Alles Corps are going to start with internet email senders, whose names start with "W". We are going to boil them in French wine, stuff cabbage up their butts, and have their babies for hor durvies. Then, we are going take their guns and turn them into abstract sculpture, installed on leveled church grounds, as a reminder of the social order of the anointed one. And just to make sure they get the message, we are going to scrap the confusing "American" language, and force everyone, and especially the non-believers like Woody, to learn Farsi, the language of the true faith. Oh, and did I mention his daughters...special plans for them.

Get used to it Woody.

Moron.

Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

"Moron."


Is that a signature? Not terribly original, howsoever apt...

yellowdoggranny said...

I got this same email..the person that sent it to me will probably never speak to me again after the email i sent back..but i could give a shit..this type of crap just makes me see red...not a good thing

Nan said...

Hasn't hit my in box yet, but given some of the right wing loonies I know sooner or later it will. More garbage to look forward to.