www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Monday, August 24, 2009

ANOTHER SCHOOL YEAR...BEGINS!!

The common question on mornings like this is "where did the summer go?" It is the first day of school, and thegrandson is off and running for a day of getting back with old friends, a new teacher and a pretty good outlook for the coming months. We will have to wait and see how long that may last.

As for the summer passing quickly, he had actually reached to point of total boredom. The strange thing is that he essentially has played with two neighbor kids most of the summer - until three days ago, when kids from one street over, started coming over here to play. Why couldn't they have meandered over here weeks ago?

Going back to school on a Monday seems really strange to me, because my kids always started school on a Thursday. This allowed the teachers to organize and set up their classes before the onslaught of students. I haven't figured this out as yet, unless the school system is starting early to get in their "snow days" up front. I'm sure I will get an explanation or theory at some point in time.

This may be a great time to sneak back in bed for a few zzzz's, something I cannot do during the off-school months.

I shall return........later...........



9 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

My kids have another 2 weeks to go. They've had 9 weeks off and I have to say I can't wait for the new school year to start. It's been a long summer. They are ready to return, and so am I.

Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

It is fuuking ABSURD that school should start before Labor Day.

It's just STOOPIT! More time in school does NOT equate with better performance.

There is one thing, and one thing only, that matters in matters of student 'performance.' That is the socio-economic status of the parents. That single variable accounts for more than 60% of variance in between-student scores on standardized tests.

kenju said...

He's a cutie!! He reminds me of some photos I have of my grandsons on their first day of school 5-6 years ago. Ours start tomorrow.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Hate this time of year. When I am not in a classroom I get all melancholy for it.

giggles said...

Grandson's a cutie!! I agree!

We start after the holiday,...Whadup with the early start? (Although I would complain!! I am very ready!!)

Debbie said...

I hope you did get a little extra sleep.
And yes, I always thought that starting late in the week was smart.

Shiny Rod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shiny Rod said...

I have one grand baby getting ready to start 1st grade. Hope she wears the outfit grandpa sent her. Because of my divorce and moving away to seek better employment, I missed seeing my kids grow up.

yellowdoggranny said...

he looks so eager...bless his heart..