www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Monday, December 08, 2008

I've been attacked also...next!!

I, Splotchy has started a new strain of story virus and indeed it is going viral! Here are the rules to play this creative game:

Here's what I would like to do. I want to create a story that branches out in a variety of different, unexpected ways. I don't know how realistic it is, but that's what I'm aiming for. Hopefully, at least one thread of the story can make a decent number of hops before it dies out.

If you are one of the carriers of this story virus (i.e. you have been tagged and choose to contribute to it), you will have one responsibility, in addition to contributing your own piece of the story: you will have to tag at least one person that continues your story thread. So, say you tag five people. If four people decide to not participate, it's okay, as long as the fifth one does. And if all five participate, well that's five interesting threads the story spins off into.

Not a requirement, but something your readers would appreciate: to help people trace your own particular thread of the narrative, it will be helpful if you include links to the chapters preceding yours.

Alright, simple enough. Now for the start of the story:

The bus was more crowded than usual. It was bitterly cold outside, and I hadn't prepared for it. I noticed that a fair number of the riders were dressed curiously. As I glanced around, I stretched my feet and kicked up against a large, heavy cardboard box laying under the seat in front of me. (Splotchy)

The man who apparently owned the box glared at me and I moved my feet closer toward my seat and sat up straighter. Outside the wind was blowing hard and I watched out the window as the tree limbs swayed along the street and people clutched their scarves more closely about their heads as they made their way into the wind. We passed a building that had a flag pole and the flag it flew stood straight out and flapped angrily it seemed to me. I bemoaned my fate of having forgotten my hat, gloves and scarf on such a miserable day but I had been running late and had to get to the bus stop if I wanted to get to work on time.

After a few moments of surveying the frigid scene outside my window I returned my attention to my fellow passengers on the bus and noted with some alarm that one woman was so bundled up in her hat, coat, and heavy wool scarf that it was hard to even see her face. Another man sitting next to the gentleman with the cardboard box wore a jumpsuit which I found very peculiar indeed. He was sitting quietly with his eyes closed and seemed to be sleeping. My gaze upon him though brought his eyes open with a snap and he stared straight into my eyes with a most hypnotic gaze. His eyes were a bright light green. I had never seen such beautiful green eyes and could not look away. It reminded me of that famous photo taken of the Afghan girl, the eyes were so striking and fierce even. I tried to look away but it was impossible. (Liberality)


The intenseness of those eyes, sent a "warm" chill through my body, so very hard to fathom the clash to my senses. Stop after stop, the stoic passengers would disembark to face the fierce weather, knowing I would be facing the same horrid elements within a matter of minutes. The green-eyed gentleman was rising from his seat to head out into the storm, when he tripped over the cardboard box, which had slid into the aisle, bringing a horrible scream from the owner. As it pushed up against the seat just behind the driver, the lid came open and there were screams from everyone surrounding this wicked sight. (themom)


OK, since I am far from a writer, who's going to help finish this wonderful saga?? Maybe DCup, Mnmom, Mommy's Nest, and my Canadian buddy Dave. Helluva virus...c'mon give it a try. Let's not let Splotchy down.

6 comments:

Life As I Know It Now said...

thanks for playing!

I am not a writer either but I think you did a fairly decent job of moving the plot along.

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys did a great job! I didn't read Liberality's yesterday because I had to do one of my own from Splotchy.

But this is great! I might pick it up and go from here. Thanks!

David said...

This was fun. Thanks

Claire said...

That was fun; Dcup infected me, so I have one up too.

Splotchy said...

Nicely done! I'm looking forward to seeing what's in the box.

Thanks for being infected!

Splotchy said...

FYI: It might not be complete, but I tried collecting links to all the story virus bits thus far in one place here.