www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A DAY FULL OF....NOTHINGNESS!!!!

I have the ambition and drive of a dead animal today. I don't feel like working, cleaning, cooking or anything productive at all. I am tired to the bone - and this is not a physical tired, I believe I am temporarily mentally drained.


Since I am NOT physically drained, I must tell you about this new item in our household. A treadmill. This is the exact model I purchased from a family, who is in rather desperate straights at the moment, both financially and physically. (A laid off husband, and wife - age 39 - just diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease). Unfortunately, this young woman has already lost the ability to swallow and coordination is going - very sad situation. I honestly did not take advantage of them in any way - they wanted to sell the unit, like new, for less than 1/4 of the original price.

When I had to go through Cardiac Rehab (4 times), I loved the treadmill more than anything. I could walk on it for long periods of time and it never bothered me at all. If I walk in town, or anywhere, I sometimes think I am going to die! I should have taken better care of my body when I was younger, that's for sure.

At the present time, this monster is residing in thegrandson's "toy room", which used to be my den. Talk about a multi-purpose room. I could actually use 2 more rooms added onto the house, but that won't happen in my lifetime. But - no matter the weather, I can still get some walking in...I'm also hoping that will help with the leg and foot cramps I have at night. We shall see.



Now that it is staying light longer - my internal clock may be really screwed up. I can't get to sleep at a decent hour and wake up even earlier - that could be why I feel so washed out today.

That's as boring as I can be today - I have to feed the rugrat now! Thedaughter should be home soon, maybe I will feel like writing or posting more.....later...........

5 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I may look into finding a good used treadmill beofr next winter. I hate to walk outside when it's cold as h-e-double hockey sticks.

Annette said...

It must be the day for it.. I have been pretty much the same all day.. just not up to much of anything.

Life As I Know It Now said...

I have a treadmill and I love it! No matter the weather you can always get on it and walk.

Warped Mind of Ron said...

I want one in wheel form with a hanging water bottle and sunflower seed dispenser.

Utah Savage said...

I died inside overnight, I'm quite sure. I'd rather die than walk on a treadmill or anywhere else. I'm experimenting with muscle mass loss--how low can it get before I just disappear. Cheery, no?