...SO HERE'S ANOTHER STOLEN MEME FROM "THE ABOVE." (**check them out)
Sunday Stealing: The 29'er Meme
1. What bill do you hate paying the most? Cable, those bastards charge an arm and a leg for NOTHING. No MSNBC, no Oxygen, no Bravo...rather basic.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? I can't think back that many years. I would have to guess The Three Gaynors, which is no longer in existance - and it would have been almost 15 years ago. No life here!
3. How many colleges did you attend? Two.
4. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? It was close and it is my favorite "slouch around" shirt.
5. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? I have never awakened to an alarm.
6. Last thought before going to sleep last night? WTF am I going to get into tomorrow.
7. What do you miss about being a child? Having parents to take care of me.
8. What errand/chore do you despise? Grocery shopping. The stores are not set up for economical shopping - more for the impulse buyer.
9. Have you found real love yet? I thought I had - I was mistaken.
10. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart? Lately, a DVD of some kind.
11. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? Defnitely, unequivocally - YES!
12. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? Barack Obama
13. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? Oops...yes.
14. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go? San Francisco
15. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship? What I would like and what I can do are two different things. A relationship would be nice - no committments though.
16. Do you have a “go to” person? Not anymore.
17. Are you where you want to be in life? Far from it.
18. Over the years, what about you do you think has changed the most? My temperament. I used to stew over things that upset me. I get it all out at the moment now.
19. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life? Not hardly.
20. Are there times you still feel like a kid? Of course.
21. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager? The City Park.
22. Who do you think impacted your life the most? That is tough. there have been too many life altering experiences. My triple bypass was kind of fun though.
23. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you? Yes. A fifth grade teacher who refused to allow me to "not understand" math. She had me to her house on weekends for tutoring - and she was a miracle worker - all of a sudden it all "clicked."
24. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”? Of course...I love to whip my wisdom on the youngins.
25. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult? My many heart attacks (8) then heart surgery.
26. What advice would you give to someone about to get married? Please reconsider.
27. What advice would you give someone starting their first job? Do a good job, but stand up for yourself.
28. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be? I wouldn't have gotten married. It is not all it's cracked up to be (at least for me.) But I would still want my kids.
29. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be? I can't really state the most important here - but it was traumatizing. And the SOB would be dead.
There ya go - another meme down! Have a great sunday!
Born and raised in Parkersburg, WV - moved to Bellaire, Ohio in 1974. I am the proud mother of 3 and grandmother of 3. Opinionated of course and political follower. Blog as a therapeutic outlet - whether it makes sense or not. Enjoy.