So far these conservatives have ruined national politics and even destroyed the party which they took over. Their theory is that their bible has become to liberal, so they desire to change it back to its more conservative values.
Considering the gazillion times that this book has been revised, editted, translated and such - what more can they change? New title...David and Goliath Karaoke Together!! Maybe I sound flippant, but I give no credence to this book. That reason is primarily due to all the translations over the centuries which have essentially turned into INTERPRETATIONS. Big difference there folks.
Taking original Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic phrases and translating them into understandable language for all - is daunting to say the least. Some of those original languages only used consonants and no vowels - so I would say that good guessing took place at times. Some translations had notes in the margins which were accepted later as "original" manuscript material. DUH!?!? There have been far to many omissions and additions over the years, that any original precepts had to have been lost or distorted.
OMG - that is exactly how the conservatives act now - they distort everything and pass on misinformation. Now, I understand why they want to change their bible.!!!
The following is the general premise for change of these conservative:
1. Framework against Liberal Bias: providing a strong framework that enables a thought-for-thought translation without corruption by liberal bias
2. Not Emasculated: avoiding unisex, "gender inclusive" language, and other modern emasculation of Christianity
3. Not Dumbed Down: not dumbing down the reading level, or diluting the intellectual force and logic of Christianity; the NIV is written at only the 7th grade level
4. Utilize Powerful Conservative Terms: using powerful new conservative terms as they develop; defective translations use the word "comrade" three times as often as "volunteer"; similarly, updating words which have a change in meaning, such as "word", "peace", and "miracle".
5. Combat Harmful Addiction: combating addiction by using modern terms for it, such as "gamble" rather than "cast lots"; using modern political terms, such as "register" rather than "enroll" for the census
6. Accept the Logic of Hell: applying logic with its full force and effect, as in not denying or downplaying the very real existence of Hell or the Devil.
7. Express Free Market Parables; explaining the numerous economic parables with their full free-market meaning
8. Exclude Later-Inserted Liberal Passages: excluding the later-inserted liberal passages that are not authentic, such as the adulteress story
9. Credit Open-Mindedness of Disciples: crediting open-mindedness, often found in youngsters like the eyewitnesses Mark and John, the authors of two of the Gospels
10. Prefer Conciseness over Liberal Wordiness: preferring conciseness to the liberal style of high word-to-substance ratio; avoid compound negatives and unnecessary ambiguities; prefer concise, consistent use of the word "Lord" rather than "Jehovah" or "Yahweh" or "Lord God."
Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/05/conservative-bible-projec_n_310037.html
In all the changes over the years, small differences can be seen (different word orders, synonyms and spelling), and some big differences (where whole sections are either added or missing). There is a great deal of ambiguity in phrases also - where the meaning can be quite different.
There are so many different versions of "the bible" in existence, and with all the varied religions considering each to have the authentic version/translation, I say "why not" add another work of fiction to the best seller list. Knock yourself out goofballs...I don't really think removing the "liberal" phraseology will help you one iota.
Still not feeling great, but I will return......later...............
DON'T FORGET TO STOP BY: PAST THE VELVET ROPE (FRIDAY POSTINGS)