The official meme rules are:
•Copy and change the answers to suit you and pass it on.
•Answers may be one word only (I'll be ignoring that and going over the top.)
•Once you have filled it out be sure to pass it on to 6 of your favorite bloggers.
•Alert them that they have been awarded!
And this is the award you'll get if you get tagged to answer questions and pass the award and duties that go with it on to six of your blog buddies:
My personal choice for having fun with it is to go "over the top" in the spirit of the award. You may or may not want to put down that sammich and set the coffee aside for a few minutes while I play with words. These answers may or may not be true, but I'm gonna make them fun (for me, at least; it is my blog and all).
1. Where is your cell phone? Who needs a cell phone when one enjoys ESP and telepathic powers? There are just things I KNOW!! It also makes for a great party trick!!
2. Your hair? Surely you jest. What few hairs I have left on my head are doomed, doomed I tell you to falling out. Apparently my lack of hormones and past years of abusing these filaments have destined me to baldness. Hopefully, I will be considered a trend setter for old bald women everywhere.
3. Your mother? The adoptive "mother" was a bitch from hell, and is not missed one single day in my life. For all the meanness she exuded, the favoritism she showed to male sibling, verbally abusive to adoptive father - there are no redeeming qualities to be dredged up - ever! My vow has always been to be the BEST mother I could possibly be. I know I love my children more than she loved me. Goal accomplished.
4. Your father? The adoptive father was the BEST. He deserved a medal for the life he led with the "mother." He was educated and a loving person, but was not allowed to show that love to his adopted children. His job was to provide "more" for the money grubbing, social climbing bitch of a wife. I miss him every day.
5. Your favorite food? So much food available, so little time to consume it all. I'm not super picky. Once it all gets on the plate, it gets mixed together and consumed. But a great steak never pisses me off.
6. Your dream last night? I was young again and running all over the place - and not even getting winded. That would be a miracle. I have abused my body way too much over the years to ever do that again.
7. Your favorite drink? Diet Dr. Pepper. I used to be a Cokeaholic, for quite a few years. After constant bouts with heartburn, I made the change to DDP, and haven't had any heartburn since. At one point I could tell anyone, the difference between Coke and Pepsi and what kind/size of container it came from. Now how's that for a talent???
8. Your dream/goal? Believe it or not....I just want to be self-sufficient and survive. Hitting a lottery would give me the opportunity to "scoff" in some peoples faces and help others, but realistically - that's so not happening.
9. What room are you in? The main room of the house...the room where all major decisions are made, lives are formed, bodies fed....and my ass hardly leaves. THE KITCHEN!! Having thedaughter and thegrandson living with me , I gave up the spare room for a toy hoarding room. In a perfect world - that would be my prime residing area - with my computer.
10. Your hobby? Blogging. I'm not the best writer in the world, but I definitely have opinions. I love to receive comments, and I never get upset with someone correcting me, or offering a differing opinion - I'm open to change.
11. Your fear? I honestly do not have any major fears. But essentially I fear for the future of our children and grandchildren. What shape will this world be in a century from now - if it is still a viable environment? The threat of nuclear wars and devastation are not something to really look to in the future.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Enjoying my family, grandchildren and possibly great-grandchildren. The more the merrier.
13. Where were you last night? At home. After "clean out the fridge" night, we watched a movie as a a family. These are good times.
14. Something that you aren’t? Quiet. I like everyone to know I'm around and the art of "holding my tongue" has yet to kick in. Maybe when I hit my 70's, I will quiet down a wee tad.
15. Muffins? A huge, Blueberry Muffin. I haven't met a muffin yet I didn't like.
16. Wish list item? To be able to afford a TWO WEEK cruise in the Caribbean. I LOVE the blue seas and warm temps and doing nothing. One week is fine, but I actually cry when it is time to come home. I believe two weeks would be the greatest thing in the world. With friends or alone, I wouldn't care. I make friends easily.
17. Where did you grow up? Parkersburg, West Virginia (Wood County). While growing up, I always felt I lived in a small town, but being the 3rd largest city in the state at that time, it really wasn't small. I return to visit these days - and know very few people. Ah, life moves on.
18. Last thing you did? Geesh, I woke up and got on the computer. That is a major step these days you know. With friends and neighbors dropping like flies, just waking up seems like one hell of an accomplishment.
19. What are you wearing? Since I just stated that I have just awoken for the day - JAMMIES. And, I might add, since I don't plan on leaving the house, I will remain in these jammies to watch my Sunday football. So there!!! Holy crap, I've been informed we are going to the Pumpkin Patch later - that will involve putting on REAL clothes - EGADS!!!
20. Your TV? Which one I might ask? Which room I might ask? The big ones or the little ones? My late husband used to throw fits, because I had TV's in every room (except bathroom), and phones to boot. He said he could take all the phones and tie their cords together in the center of the house. Of course, that was pre cordless phone days. And the 20" flat screen in the kitchen is mostly on CNN during waking hours.
21. Your pets? One cat - one dog. Angel, the dog, was dumped in the neighborhood about 6 years ago, and she is the BEST dog in the world - a lot like Lassie. Isis, the psychotic cat is 12. She is a calico that I got for my twin sister, and I do believe I contributed to her psychotic personality. But it wasn't my problem, she belonged to my sister. When my sister died unexpectedly, I inherited this mean, nasty cat. Talk about a kick in the ass.
22. Friends? I have many "friends", but since my best friend (like a sister) passed away two years ago, I have become a semi-recluse, missing her constantly. But I cherish the friendships that I do have, and encourage others to be more friendly and work for happiness in their relationships.
23. Your life? Nothing exciting at all. More of an existence than anything. I babysit while thedaughter works and make very few plans for myself. If I felt better physically, I guaranfuckintee, that I would be moving around better and back in the work force, but life has dealt me a different hand. Maybe if I lose 500 pounds (ha) and quit smoking, life would be better. I must get on this new track.
24. Your mood? Upbeat. I'm always in a good mood, till someone goes out of their way to PISS me off.
25. Missing someone? Who isn't? WTF kinda question is that? Is anybody out there really living on Walton's Mountain with the entire lot of people they love inside the house? I think not. (Buzzard's answer - too good to omit.) I will always be missing "someone", this is a cycle of life. **This is BB's answer - and it was sublime.
26. Vehicle? That would be the shiny silver thing with 4 tires and in desperate need of being cleaned, sitting by the house. Lately, I have managed to go four weeks on a fill up - so that tells you how often I get out of the house.
27. Something you’re not wearing? A bra. The girls are flying low, as usual and totally unencumbered. Unfortunately, that will be short-lived, as they have a tendency to cause great pain after a prolonged period of freedom. So on with the contraption of restraint in a short while.
28. Your favorite store? Amazon and Walmart. I groom the mullet, put on the hot pants and let the tats show and head out for a day of shopping bliss at Walmart. Have you seen me on the video??
29. Your favorite color? Black and red.
30. When was the last time you laughed? Laughed hysterically, watching Bill Maher and his New Rules Friday night.
31. Last time you cried? Watching the news coverage of "balloon boy" and thinking of a poor child in that balloon, potentially being killed. It was tense. More on this in a near future blog.
32. Your best friend? My son. He is the first to put things in perspective and not coddle me. He is realistic and smart. And I miss him every single day. (He works abroad and gets home maybe once a year).
33. One place that I go to over and over? Dollar General. I buy all my paper products and recently, some food products there. The prices are terrific. Talk about cheap thrills.
34. One person who emails me regularly? Too many to mention. Local friends mostly, but the primary content is jokes - ones that I have read over and over, but these friends are "new" to the computer generation, so they need to catch up with us "oldies."
35. Favorite place to eat? OUTBACK. I love the Alice Springs Chicken, and have recently learned how to make it at home. But dining at the restaurant allows for all the extra caloric intake - with the cheese fries and desserts. (Just what I need.)
And now for the award and duty bestowing:
John abuzz - check out his site, it is entertaining and pictures are awesome.
Evil Twin's Wife - this housewife always has great posts.
Utah Savage - my favoritist (new word) of all time. Her writings are terrific.
Re-Ramblings - this Oklahoma girl is super. Laughs are always promised!
And anyone else who desires to pick up this award - ENJOY!!!
DON'T FORGET TO STOP BY: PAST THE VELVET ROPE (FRIDAY POSTINGS)