www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

OK - NOW IT'S OFFICIAL......

President Barack H. Obama is OFFICIALLY the POTUS!!! Jeebus...I'm glad that is over. I did not see it, but a friend told me that someone on (our favorite?!?!) Faux News made the comment, that Obama could officially be out of office, as the oath was screwed up. Well duh!?!?! So, the oath was re-administered in the Map Room of the White House, just to ensure everything was in order.

But catch Joe Biden's quip today.....



It appears that Pres. Obama was at first not impressed with the "joke", but upon closer scrutiny, I do believe he is holding back a chuckle. I would have been rolling on the floor laughing, but that's me! (Of course someone would have to then help me up again.)


**********************
I honestly have nothing more to add - it's almost 9 pm, I suppose I should pack a suitcase, since I am leaving the house at 7 am. I'm such a "last minute" person. By the time I get the main bag packed, all that will be left will be the "toiletries" to add to the carry-on.
I'm tired, think I will say goodnight.........don't abandon me while I'm gone. I will be home on the 27th - and will be here bright and early on the 28th. So play nice and I'll be missing you all.
Later....................

8 comments:

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Gone?! Almost a week? Ack!!!! Have a safe trip and I will try to remember who you are in a week LOL.

lisahgolden said...

Have a great time on your trip! Safe travels.

Chickie said...

Have a good trip! We'll keep the light on for you!

Mauigirl said...

Have a good trip! We'll be here when you return.

Kulkuri said...

Have fun with the Pilgrims!!

Mnmom said...

Have a great time. Relax, enjoy beantown and all that history. I love Boston, wish I was going with you!

That's our new administration and I love it: Joe Biden, the comedian, Barack Obama, the straight man.

slyght said...

i don't think he was hiding a smile, personally. i think he just wanted to get it over with.

did you hear faux news? hah, they said that since when he did the re-do in the map room, it wasn't on a bible, so he might not be prez. COME ON!

i don't know, but i doubt that you HAVE to swear on a bible, i think it's more figurative and ceremonial than anything.

Utah Savage said...

Safe trip. Happy trails. Come back soon.