www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Saturday, December 15, 2007

'Tis The Season...I guess!?!?

Amazing what you might see when you open your front door on a cold and blustery day.... must be a Christmas "Hayride" I guess.

It sure isn't the Budweiser Clydesdale's, that's for sure. I finally got a good shot of the wagon coming down the street (after it passed 3 previous times.) I kept telling thegrandson to tell me when it was coming, but the Cartoon Network took precedence. My dog Angel, finally alerted me to getting a good shot. We had a "quick" downfall of snow earlier and now it has changed to an icy rain - lovely. I don't think we are going to get the snowfall predicted (2"-4"). Fine with me. Here's a good shot of the horses... thegrandson went nuts seeing HORSES on our street - in this weather. Several of the people who were riding in the wagon - yelled at me to come take a ride...now first of all that would involve getting out of my lounging wear, putting on makeup (wouldn't want to scare anyone) and give up my cookie baking project. NOPE - not happening!

As for the cookie baking thing...I must be hitting my dementia period, because Thursday I started baking Peanut Butter Cookies and Oatmeal Chocolate chip Cookies, at least 4 dozen of each. Yesterday, I made up my mind to bake Pumpkin Raisin Cookies...this was Mom2's (Jean) favorite cookie recipe and she always gave me a paltry dozen every Christmas. Many times I told her she was a tight ass - a dozen is good for one sitting - DUH!?!?! I like to evenly distribute the weight between each hip and I definitely need more than ONE dozen. Well, she gave me the recipe last year (finally) and I started in yesterday. I kept thinking this is a TON of cookie batter....I quit counting at a million dozen. Of course I jest, but I will have no problem with the weight distribution this year. I have never made them before and I have to say...they are as good as Jean's.

I even put up another lighted garland today...Christmas shopping is close to being completed and theson and thenephew (Jim) will be flying in next week, and before you know it - another Holiday Season is a memory.

Gonna run for now, everyone stay healthy and TTFN!

1 comment:

SamuraiFrog said...

That's very neat; I love Clydesdales. That would be much nicer to see outside than the inch of ice I have now...