www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baseball time is here again! Whoopee!

Today was opening day for the Little League teams. As usual a lot of hustle and bustle, be here-be there, parade and game between moms and kids. So tedious, but the end result is a fun day for all.

Mr. Cool Dude (thegrandson) in his shades and thedaughter posing for their annual "together" baseball portrait. I managed to get some really good pics of the day. After the parade, I stayed at the field and "watched" the team play against the "moms." Since thedaughter had to be at work by 3 pm, she wasn't there, and I'll be damned if my decrepit body is going to play ball at this stage of my life. I used to play on teams years (eons) ago, but physically I cannot endure the challenge anymore. It turned out to be a perfect day for all this - temp was about 71 degrees and sunny - the past two days would have been unbearable as we surpassed the 80 degree mark.

Thegrandsons first "real" game is tomorrow night at 7 pm, in a neighboring city (Martins Ferry) and the kids are excited beacuse they may get to play "under the lights." I didn't want to burst his bubble, but they only play 5 innings and they don't take long, sun doesn't set till almost 8 now. Boo-hoo!

I rearranged my kitchen yesterday, moving all tax files and paraphernalia back to office space in basement. Now I have room again in my kitchen. Moving my hutch from one wall to the other was a task, but I managed. My back is aching a little, but I will get over it. I continue to do stupid things on a regular basis. I do believe in consistency.


I have always LOVED rainbows - and my friend and I were coming home from Red Lobster Tuesday evening, and the rain showers were intermittent, while the sun was still shining - and voila - of course we have rainbows. This one waned and brightened between showers, but remained for almost 45 minutes. I finally got this shot from my front porch and, although it didn't film well, it became a TRIPLE rainbow. Each less bright than the original - but there were 3. Thegrandson was hooting and hollering how unbelievable the whole thing was - doesn't take much to make us happy.

Just a scintilla of what has been going on - back to cleaning something - actually folding laundry. Take care and stay healthy. TTFN. 9 DAYS TILL I LEAVE FOR EGYPT!

2 comments:

Chickie said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that the game goes into overtime and thegrandson gets to play under the lights!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

My crew gets just as excited about rainbows! It's the little things in life...