www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Monday, March 17, 2008

HELP! I want a new digital camera...

I truly love my little Sony Cyber-shot 3.2 mega pixel camera, but I would really like something a little better. The screen on this camera is only 1 1/4" and with my old eyes - I can't always tell if I took a good shot or not. The pictures on my "flickr" site are all taken with this camera - so not to bad I guess, but after 4 years - I think it's time to upgrade a little. Any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed. I have checked out the CNet site and am so confused - do you go by the ratings or what you plain old LIKE? I figure I should be looking in the $200-$250 range to meet my needs, but alas, confusion abounds.

Since I will be heading to Egypt in the near future I want to be able to take terrific pictures of my once in a lifetime trip. So many friends have already told me to bring back plenty of pictures for their viewing - wow, my job is never done!

Today is the first day back at school for thegrandson. He has to wear gloves if he is going to be outside playing to avoid any secondary infections through the open sores on his fingers and hands. Poor liitle guy, he has done remarkable at taking his "gasoline" tasting medicine and meticulously washing his hands. I am still suffering with the "cold from hell" and didn't get a picture as he left this morning wearing his leprechaun hat! Bad Nina!!

I spent most of yesterday in bed then out of bed...went through a box of tissues...and being a general grump ass! Now I am at the stage of "not tasting" anything...GRRRR! Today is not faring much better.

More later...ttfn

3 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

We have the same Sony camera. I'm also thinking of upgrading (we're planning Disney World next summer), but am also stumped. I'm thinking another Sony - we've been happy with this one. I've heard if you're looking for a point & shoot, try to get the highest zoom factor and face recognition and steady shot. I would also ask about shutter speeds for our next one. I think the Cybershot 3.2 is just too slow on shutter. I know I DON'T need a digital SLR (I'm only doing amateur stuff), but that would probably be your best bet if you're looking for superior performance - and those have come down in price quite a bit over the year. Good luck. Let me know if you see anything you're considering!!! I could use the help.:-)

Chickie said...

I have a Sony DSC-H5 and it takes pretty good pictures. It's big though. I wish I had something that I could stick in my purse and not worry about breaking it.

My sister got a SLR camera and I'm coveting it but know I don't need a new "big" camera since mine is just over a year old.

themom said...

Thanks for the input guys! I'm looking at either the Sony cyber-shot SC-H3 (black) or the Sony cyber-shot DSC-W130 (black)...either one looks like it has the things I need - heaven knows I am NOT a professional. Will let you know how it goes! thanks again!