www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Friday, February 22, 2008

GLOBAL WARMING - Missing us!?!?!


The SNOW started about 7:30 last evening, and only picked up "speed" till at least 3 a.m. this morning. At one point the powder was coming down at the rate of 1/2" an hour. Although the heavy snow has subsequently stopped, we are now getting an icy rain. LOVELY!! Our street was plowed by "neighbors" on 4 wheelers from midnight till about 2 am. We have yet to see a city snowplow - and since schools were finally cancelled at 6:30 am, they will take their good old time hitting the streets in our area.


Thedaughter has been out, clearing the snow off her car in order to head to work, but this becomes a quandary also - the county has issued a Level 3 - which means you can be cited for driving on the roads unless with permission or an emergency. Since thedaughter has just started her new job - she doesn't want anyone to question if she would call off. Bureaucracy sucks!! A bunch of over-paid idiots making rules and regulations without considering any backlash or repercussions. Oh well, she is on her way and will call me when she makes it to work.

Since school has now been cancelled, I am in "babysitting" mode. Thank heavens, thegrandson entertains himself so well. Also, the fact that he has more toys and games than most, the PS2 and PSP will keep him occupied for awhile. He is also into Lego creations. Did I spell that right? Hmmm... I may be able to get some tax returns completed after all.

I am going to take theson up on his offer of flying me to Cairo, Egypt. It is a place I would never go on my own and will never have the opportunity again...so what the hell. As long as it is sunny and I can relax - could be super.

I know some of my fellow bloggers are being struck down with this nasty flu- and wish them all a speedy recovery. Knock wood, I haven't been attacked yet - and I didn't get my flu shot this year - which means nothing since the vaccine was not suitable for the strain knocking everyone to the ground. So everyone drink your OJ and take your vitamins and regain your health!!! A certain person is even getting "skinny ankles" from this bug (and you know who you are).

Have a good day and try TO STAY HEALTHY. TTFN!

1 comment:

Chickie said...

I think the socks gave the illusion of skinny ankles. I'm sure he has big, hairy, manly ankles.