www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

...soon, very soon IT will be here!!

Yes, again this year has gone by so fast that we are nearing Christmas again. A never ending cycle - that as we get older comes back again, faster and faster. I would be the happiest camper in the world if we could decorate for Christmas all year long. I put up "some" little things throughout the year for various holidays, but VERY little. Theson used to help me with the exterior lights, but t has been unavailable the past two years and I have been relegated to the task myself. In the past, I have always done a pretty good job, but this year - I SUCKED. I tried something different and completely hate it. I have no lights hanging from the eaves as I usually do, just net lights (multi-colored at that) around the front porch railing. Make my house look so small.

But I did decorate my Christmas tree differently this year, the first change in probably 7 or eight years (if not longer.) In the past I have placed burgundy poinsettias and gold beads on the tree and it has always looked lovely, but I wanted a change this year - so I went to the blue-silver-white combinations. I lucked out and found the silver and blue poinsettias, and the accessories were easy after that. What do you think? If I put out ALL my Christmas decorations, you would not be able to even walk through the house. Theson wants me to discard what I don't use, but that is NOT happening. With thedaughter having her surgery and theson being out of the country till last week - I just do not have the energy to get it all out. I am going to do some major reorganization of the storage process for all the decorations, AFTER the holidays. (Of course that means a major overhaul of the basement area - that ought to keep me busy till Spring!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Theson is now in Schenectady, New York, closing out the India project with the General, and is flying to Minneapolis on Wednesday to spend time with Emma and meet her parents. He will be flying home on the 21st, in time for his birthday on the 23rd and Christmas. Then Emma will be coming here on the 27th, and they will spend the New Years in Columbus with friends. How hectic does that sound? I had to get up at 3 am to take theson to the airport yesterday morning and that really threw me off for the day!!! That's what Mom's are for.

OK - so much for the updates, will be back with more later. TTFN

No comments: