www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

IN MEMORY OF BROWNIE 2003 - 2006



This was the first "PET LOSS" that thegrandson has had to face. I knew Brownie was not well for the past four days - his breathing was labored and he wasn't eating at all. Just getting up one of the many tubes (from his hamster-minium) was a chore. I tried new bedding, feeding him water from a spoon, but nothing seemed to work. When I took him out of the cage early this afternoon, I just let him cuddle in a dish towel, and I noticed a large tumor on his side, and this distressed me. I held him for over an hour before placing him back in his cage.

Thedaughter and I decided to head to the mall to do some Christmas shopping, and I knew Brownie would be gone before we returned. Just knowing we had to tell thegrandson was daunting. He did not take it well at first, but he is resilient and understands that at least now Brownie is not suffering. He called his Uncle, who is in New York at the moment for solace - and feels a little better now.

Some have asked me if I am getting another hamster and the answer is NO!!!!! I have a dog and a cat, which are more than enough for me. The cat is the oldest (May 1997), and a mean, nasty sort. The dog is the friendly one, but SHEDS so much. I need a break from pets!!!

Bye Brownie - rest in peace!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DEAR BROWNIE------REST IN PEACE LITTLE GUY....jean