www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

ahhh...winter in New England




Isn't this just BEAUTIFUL???? We arrived in Boston, Mansfield actually on Thursday, and the weather was much like here at home - upper 60's. Our entire stay was just lovely, weather wise, we got the high winds on Saturday night, but no problems were incurred. Our hosts were delightful, and oiur stay could not have been any more relaxing and comfortable.

Mom2 and I love to head to "The Christmas Tree Store" as soon as we get to Boston. It is a "fun" store, which there are none here at home to compare it too. I always manage to find something in dishes or coffee mugs, therefore making lugging them home a real treat, but so what - it's FUN. We also visited a couple of country stores and got a few things, but for the most part, we just sat around the kitchen table, chatting and having a blast. These people are all Mom2's family, but they make me feel as welcome as if I were born into the family.

On Sunday morning we went to watch her young cousin play ice hockey. Now, that was a real treat also FREEZING. Those little boys were vicious and fun to watch. Unfortunately, we were sitting on aluminum bleacher seats and after the game was over (approximately one hour), it took TWO hours for my butt to thaw. Brrrr......!!

But back to the New England winter. We had heard that there might be snow fluffies the next morning, but when I woke up, the view was exhilarating. As long as I don't have to drive in it, I love to just take in the view. There was about 2 inches of snow altogether before it stopped. By the time we arrived at Logan airport in Boston, the snow had stopped.

I will try to add some pics later, but again my pics can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbonen/. I think that is right, but the right address is in prior blogs. I am still not in my right mind since getting home (hahaha), so much to do and not enought time to get it done.

Theson is coming home late Thursday night, then flying to Schenectady, New York, then Minneapolis, then home again for his birthday and Christmas. Aren't holidays wonderful? At least I have him home this year.

Take care and I will write more later. TTFN!!

1 comment:

slyght said...

ah i miss the snow. i can´t wait to see some. i really hope i have the chance these few days i´m in the states.

btw, i´m drinking crap alcohol in madrid waiting 2.5 hours for my flight to JFK then home. yeehaw. love ya