www.flickr.com
mjbonen's items Go to mjbonen's photostream
REMEMBER TO BECOME A "FOLLOWER!" Click on the sidebar!

I LOVE TO RECEIVE "COMMENTS" TOO...SO SPEAK UP!!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

...chaos and bedlam of late


It has been quite awhile since I last was here, but I must explain. My best friend has been "in and out" of the hospital three times, my son came home from India, his girlfriend has now come for a visit. Therefore, non-stop craziness. I could not be any happier than to have my son home for this length of time (a month) and will dread the time when he leaves again (Sept. 15th.)

Theson and Emma (thegirlfriend) are a wonderful pair. She is a true delight and beautiful to boot. We all went to dinner at the Roadhouse the other evening, unfortunately, Mom2 and her family could not make it, as she was still in the hospital and her family functions better as a whole than in parts.

The first pic at the top is theson, Emma and Colton at Colton's 6th birthday party on the 4th. (Labor Day baby - literally.) This next pic was taken at the Roadhouse, where we had a wonderful time. Such a "cozy" pair.





All in all, with Mom2 being hospitalized so many times, all the trips to the hospital, theson being home and thegirfriend arriving, I have not had time to even turn around. But it is all definitely worth every minute.

I feel like I take advantage of theson while he is home, but he is such a big help. We managed to get my outside "shed" cleaned out and numerous trips were made to the "dump" with all the stuff I have hidden away there for years. There were several boxes or bags I didn't even look in - as I haven't done it in years and if I haven;t missed something important, I figured "get rid of it!" Theson loves for me to discard everything, he thinks I packrat a little too much sometimes. After our house was destroyed by a fire in 1984, I never saved anything, under the belief that it can all disappear in seconds. That lasted for about ten years and then I started hoarding again it seems. I shall try to do much better in the future.

Theson and Emma are in Columbus, Ohio at the present time enjoying theson's friends and sporting events for the weekend. They should return Monday or Tuesday.

Enough rambling for now, so everyone stay healthy and I will try to get back here more frequently. TTFN.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Sorry to hear that mom2 is having continuing problems. Still hoping for a complete and more speedy recovery!!!

Glad to see the couple together again. I remember when all that began and couldn't have been happier for them both. I've not worked with better people since coming on board with the "general".

As for the hoarding, I remember when my mom went through hurricane Andrew and it destroyed her house. She vowed the same thing, to not collect "stuff" anymore but, with time, she has again amassed a bunch of "stuff". I guess we all do it to some extent...